Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I can’t believe I haven’t posted this recipe yet! This is my go-to cookie recipe. It can be vegan or not depending on what ingredients you have around, and the cookies are just super tasty. I think the large portion of vanilla makes them extra good — and if you’re also using vanilla soy milk, just woah. We got our first snow of the season today in Minnesota and baking cookies seemed like the perfect cozy activity. I also needed something to bring to my orchestra concert tonight for the post-show reception, so, win-win. I get a cozy, cookie-smelling house, and concert attendees get delicious cookies.
|Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies|
Recipe type: cookies
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Makes about 35 cookies depending on how much dough you eat (no judgment!)
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 C Canola oil
- 1 1/3 C Sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla soy milk
- 6 Tbsp Apple sauce OR 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 1/2 C rolled oats
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix flour, baking soda, & salt together. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, mix together oil & sugar until creamy.
- Mix applesauce/eggs into sugar mixture, then mix in the soy milk & vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture, oatmeal, & chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet & bake for 9-13 minutes