Rosemary Pull-Apart Rolls
And here are the rolls I served with the veggie sausage & white bean stew. They are nearly impossible to stop eating when they’re warm & fresh from the oven. I adapted the recipe very slightly from the Poppy Seed Pull-Apart Roll recipe in Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.
|Rosemary Pull-Apart Rolls||
Recipe type: bread
Prep time: 2 hours 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 2 hours 40 mins
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- olive oil for brushing
- Combine yest, sugar, and water in a small bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, salt and rosemary in the bowl of a stand mixer and make a well in the middle.
- Add water mixture to flour mixture and beat on low until a dough forms (about 30 seconds.)
- Switch to dough hook and knead the dough for a few minutes, until smooth and springy.
- Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel and put in a warm place until dough is doubled in size (about an hour).
- Punch down the dough. Divide into 16 balls and place the balls in a greased, 9 inch circular cake pan. Start with 1 roll in the middle and form circles around it. Cover and let rise for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with olive oil, sprinkle with additional rosemary, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.